Nuclear Systems Volume I: Thermal Hydraulic Fundamentals, Third Edition
provides an in-depth introduction to nuclear power, focussing on thermal hydraulic design and analysis of the nuclear core and other key nuclear plant components.
The authors stress the integration of fluid flow and heat transfer as applied to all power reactor types and energy source distribution. They cover nuclear reactor concepts and systems, including GEN III+, GEN IV and SMR reactors, and new power cycles. The text features new chapter examples and problems using concept parameters, full color text and art, computer programs, figure slides, and a solutions manual.
This third edition includes:
- rigorous coverage of nuclear power generation fundamentals
- description and analysis of the latest nuclear power plant designs and technologies
- extensive examples in each chapter to illustrate the analysis methods which have been presented .
- new full-color art and text features to enhance presentation of topics
- integration of fluid flow and heat transfer as applied to single- and two-phase coolants
Readers will develop the knowledge and design skills needed to improve the next generation of nuclear reactors.