Part 1: Revision of Mathematics
1. Revisionary mathematics Revision Test 1 Revisionary mathematics
2. Further revisionary mathematics 2 Revision Test 2 Further revisionary mathematics
Part 2: Statics and Strengh of Materials
3. The effects of forces on materials
4. Tensile testing
5. Forces acting at a point
6. Simply supported beams Revision Test 3 Forces, tensile testing and beams
7. Forces in structures
8. Bending moment and shear force diagrams
9. First and second moments of area Revision Test 4 Forces in structures, bending moment and shear force diagrams, and second moments of area
10. Bending of beams
12. Twisting of shaftsRevision Test 5 Bending of beams, torque and twisting of shafts Part 3: Dynamics
13. Linear and angular motion
14. Linear momentum and impulse
15. Force, mass and acceleration
16. Work, energy and power
18. Motion in a circle
19. Simple harmonic motion
20. Simple machines Revision Test 7 Friction, motion in a circle, simple harmonic motion and simple machines
Part 4: Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
21. Heat energy and transfer
22. Thermal expansion Revision Test 8 Heat energy and transfer, and thermal expansion
24. Fluid flow
25. Ideal gas laws
26. The measurement of temperature Revision Test 9 Hydrostatics, fluid flow, gas laws and temperature measurement.
A list of formulae for mechanical engineering principles.
Metric to Imperial conversions and vice versa.
Greek alphabet. Glossary of terms.
Answers to multiple-choice questions.